- Why Phocas
- Use cases
This module for beginners takes you through getting started in Phocas and doing some simple analysis to get fast results from your data. These videos introduce you to features that you will be using every day.
- Video 1: Phocas quickstart
- Video 2: Select and change periods
- Video 3: Save a favorite
- Video 4: Freeze the properties column
This module covers the essentials of setting up new users in Phocas. Add users, set passwords and manage access to data via restrictions, profiles and permissions.
- Video 1: Create a new user
- Video 2: Clone a user
- Video 3: Manage site-wide profiles
- Video 4: Manage user-specific profiles
- Video 5: Manage user restrictions
- Video 6: Reset and expire passwords
Learn about advanced administration options, including managing how data is shared by your users and how to exclude weekends and public holidays from your results.
- Video 1: Manage favorites
- Video 2: Manage dashboards
- Video 3: Manage folders
- Video 4: Manage user subscriptions
- Video 5: Create a Working Days calendar
Administrators decide what defined periods (date ranges) appear in the Period dropdown menu for each database. Learn how to maintain these.
- Video 1: Add a defined period to the Periods menu
- Video 2: Add a defined period using Dynamic Month option
- Video 3: Add a defined period using Special Offsets (days)
Phocas Rebates allows you to calculate and manage the various types of rebates you pay and receive, using the information in a Phocas database. Learn how to use Phocas Rebates, from setting up your first Rebates project though to calculating and posting rebates.
- Video 1: Rebates: Create a Rebates project
- Video 2: Rebates: Create a fixed amount rule
- Video 3: Rebates: Create a percentage rule
- Video 4: Rebates: 'Pro rata' feature
- Video 5: Rebates: Alternate bracket
- Video 6: Rebates: Calculate and post
- Video 7: Rebates: Growth rebates
- Video 8: Rebates: Scheduled calculations
- Video 9: Rebates: Near miss
A user's profile determines what they can do in Phocas. This module covers assigning profiles and permissions to groups of users or individuals.
- Video 1: Manage site-wide profiles
- Video 2: Manage user-specific profiles
- Video 3: Manage user restrictions
The data you see in the grid is determined by the period (or date range) you have selected. Learn about selecting, changing and creating periods in Phocas.
- Video 1: Select and change periods
- Video 2: Create your own defined period (dynamic month)
- Video 3: Create your own defined period (days)
Switching from grid to chart view opens up options for various graphical presentation of your data. This module covers basic chart setup through to advanced configuration, with a detailed look at some chart types.
- Video 1: Turn data into a chart
- Video 2: Chart options
- Video 3: Bullet charts
- Video 4: Summary charts 1
- Video 5: Summary charts 2
If you're experienced in Phocas administration, learn how to save time with features for administrators with multiple users.
- Video 1: Importing users with CSV Import
- Video 2: Bulk update users
Phocas CRM is a simple way to keep on top of your business’s customer relationship management. This module takes you through logging and monitoring your sales activity and how to easily see its impact on sales results.
- Video 1: CRM: The 4 activity types
- Video 2: CRM: View all activities
- Video 3: CRM: Add a task
- Video 4: CRM: Add a phone log
- Video 5: CRM: Add a meeting
- Video 6: CRM: Add a note
- Video 7: CRM: Add an activity directly from Phocas
- Video 8: CRM: Create a campaign
- Video 9: CRM: Create a contact
- Video 10: The CRM analysis dashboard
- Video 11: My Agenda in CRM
- Video 12: CRM: Create tasks for multiple customers
- Video 13: CRM account mapping
Phocas Financial Statements brings financial reporting and business intelligence together, allowing Finance teams to customize financial statements, compare, consolidate, drill down and analyze.
- Video 1: Phocas Financial Statements: Add a custom calculation to your Income Statement
- Video 2: Create a nested view of your financial statement
- Video 3: Export a financial statement to PDF
- Video 4: Export a financial statement to Excel
- Video 5: Customize your Cash Flow Statement
Learn how to use the tools in Phocas Budgeting and Forecasting to streamline your budgeting process, work collaboratively yet safely and control workflow. In this module of videos, see the results of combining an intuitive Phocas interface with familiar spreadsheet formats.
- Video 1: Introduction to Phocas Budgeting and Forecasting
- Video 2: Create a new budget workbook
- Video 3: Understanding workflow and task assignment
- Video 4: Data entry in the budget worksheet
- Video 5: Add more detail with sum lines
- Video 6: Working lines
- Video 7: Delegate a budget line to another user
- Video 8: Workflow history
- Video 9: Publish a completed budget into Phocas
This is a no-fuss orientation module presented by Product Manager Nick Collett to help the Finance user understand how to get immediate business insights with Phocas Financial Statements.
- Video 1: Bring your P&L to life in Phocas - an orientation
- Video 2: Bring your P&L to life in Phocas - an orientation Part 2
Learn how to bring employee-related costs into your budget process using Phocas Budgeting and Forecasting’s headcount driver. This module covers setup, controlling who can see data, benefit plan creation and how to leverage the output of the headcount tab in the rest of your budget workbook.
- Video 1: Introduction to headcount driver
- Video 2: Create a benefits plan using headcount driver
Learn how to make the most of the flexibility available to you when customizing Financial Statements.
- Video 1: Create an indirect Cash Flow statement using 'hide rows'
- Video 2: Reference single account codes in calculations